Thursday 23 June 2011

On the Road to Oz

So today's sort of the final day of the college year, which was a good excuse as any to actually go in. It was pretty much a waste of time, we watched video that we filmed in media studies (I may upload the link if it's been put on YouTube but my video wasn't that good so it probably didn't get uploaded) Also, in about three hours(ish) there's some end of year art show on at college. Which I am going to although my work isn't IN the show because lowly first years are unloved.

As such, I'll post some of my college-work on here, take that college.  Anyway, this was my final piece from my first unit in Graphics which had some ridiculously obscure theme like 'Word and Image' which is sort of the basics of Graphics but whatever. In some deluded gay madness I decided to theme my project around the Wizard of Oz, being a fan of the film (and Wicked, like every gay man out there)

The piece was a sort of abstract bookish type thing and there were 4 pages, each on a square folded into triangular quarters with each page having it's own illustrations done in watercolours, and the narrative was basically a commentary on my lack of trust and they way I question peoples motives whilst drawing parallels with Dorothy's journey though Oz.

The narrative concludes with the knowledge that I accept that I don't trust and that I willingly choose not to. Overall the illustrations were kind of sloppy as after doing nothing but Oz related things for 7 month, it got really, really repetitive. A boy can only draw so many floating Wizard heads. I'll upload some photos of my other final pieces when I get a chance (and when I can sneak into the store cupboard to actually take some photos of course) 

No comments:

Post a Comment