Thursday 17 November 2011

Mulling

I am immensely ashamed to say that the above piece is on eighth of my first year final piece from back in May.
Now let me at least point out that an art exam for A-Level is basically 8 (or was it 6?) hours of working on one piece which wouldn't be too bad except that mine consisted of 8 2 part pictures which formed a story, basically I had 8 hours to paint 6 pictures, which sucked and I regret it deeply. As you can see the pictures are of a rather naff (northern for shit) quality.


Instead I will tell you the tale; Our heroine (no name, the piece is silent) grieves the loss of her dead girlfriend only to come face to face with Death (a lovely business woman who will make a reappearance in my up coming comic (which is totally being written NOW)).
Death offers our heroine a deal, overcome a trial in exchange for her girlfriends return, agreeing to the challenge our Heroine is swallowed up by the Earth (people often fall down holes in my stories, thank Vera Brosgol for that) and bests the nasties in the underworld with her umbrella and frees Girlfriend from her prison and they then use the umbrella to fly out of Hell.
Obviously this was an epic tale, filled with twists and turns and romancing lesbians. :) You can see a better picture of our Heroine, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment