Friday 31 August 2012

5 Comic Ladies I Like Reading: Terra

Oooh, tis the last day of August so I may as well post SOMETHING, and that something is this,

A countdown of my 5 New 52 favourite ladies, I made a haphazard attempt to do my top 10 favourite comic ladies of all time months and months ago and only managed the first entry with Power Girl who may or may not be in this list. 

Moving on, our first favourite Lady of the new 52 is... 


Terra! (yay!)

Now, as a child I'd never heard of the Geokinetic-Teen Wonder that was Terra until I began watching Teen Titan on Cartoon Network where she looked like...


And I LOVED her! But of course she turned evil and then got turned into stone and was never heard from again which, when I began to actually read comics a couple of years back and discovered a similar thing had occurred to her comic counter part I was a little heart-broken, not because she was no longer in universe, but that she's been created solely for the purpose of betraying the Titans and was such a waste of a character.

Then I began to read the Power Girl books and a new Terra showed up looking like...
this:

Some subterranian ambassador to Earth, who had the same abilities but was not evil and decided she would be Power Girl's side-kick (for whatever reason) and I never really took to her, she wasn't as blonde or badass as the Terra I'd known as a kid.

Then came the reboot, with a new set of Teen Titans with their own spin-off; Ravagers.
Where the original Terra showed up looking like this:


Which is ther version I have drawn above, I have high hopes for her this time around!
If they can shove Lois Lane out of the way in favour of Superman pairing up with Wonder Woman then they can make Terra not evil.

Not evil and ass kicking!


No comments:

Post a Comment