Sunday 2 October 2011

Sunday Blues

(note the rainbow shiny hands, they've been in my scraps for a year, waiting to be used)

In all honesty, I hate Sundays. Granted I do hate a LOT of things, but Sundays are more a generally disliked thing. They're the day I waste. Saturdays can be productive. Sundays, Sundays suck.

So after reading a shitload of comics, watching Beauty and the Beast, Charlotte's Web and about 6 episodes of The Grim Adventure's of Billy and Mandy I decided I'd ink something. Originally I was making Katy Perry fan-art, but I will save all Katy Perry related shenanigans until Halloween. So, all done in ink except the lips which are plain ol' acrylic paints (I loathe acrylic paint, it reminds me of being a six year old) but of course, being the left handed buffoon (real word) I blobbed some red on her cheek, hence the lightning shaped markings which made me think whoever the girl is is dramatic, so I started giving her really thick eye-liner marking without waiting fr the ink underneath to dry. Major bleeding occurred so I just made her a shadowy domino mask type thing and flecked white ink into it. 

If something is mess, fleck it. It makes it look deliberate. 

Also, this is my third consecutive day posting something on here, I now officially declare this month to be: 
Postoberfest 2011.

That's right, hold onto your hats and all other loose accessories, I will be posting something EVERYDAY this month. Sheer madness. Also beware as I'm invading Sarah's uni on the 8th and I'm not 100% sure how I will post from Liverpool. Perhaps if I post the morning before I leave and the night I come back, we'll see.

CLOSE-UP:


No comments:

Post a Comment