Saturday 1 October 2011

Open Days and Valerie Kyle


Sophie took me to an open day at Staffordshire Uni today it was lovely, I looked into a course based on comics, which is kinda cool and although I know that one day I DO want to write and draw my own comics, I'm not entirely sure I'd want to do such a focused course at this time, especially when there's SO much else that I'm capable of and Illustration in theory could better prepare me for more variable work, WHO KNOWS, it must be mulled over.

Anyway moving onto the piece above, for my personal project in my Graphics class I'm focusing on comics (after what I've just posted above it may make hypocritical but you know, shut up.) and I've been messing around with ideas for narratives and the likes and some how I mentally gave birth to Valerie Kyle, an angel who's been given the chance at a second life, if she can devour the pure heart of a human. It's supposed to be a narrative that deals with morally grey areas such as;

'Is it right to do the wrong things for the right reasons?'

It's an aspect of narrative I always find fascinating and identify with personally and made this quick little sketch  of Valerie who is protantagonist of the piece, in the story itself she doesn't wear a big feathery dress but I like me some symbolism.

No comments:

Post a Comment